A marriage license may be
obtained in Room 111 of the Wakulla County Courthouse.
It would be helpful if you
could arrive no later than 4:00 p.m. to complete your application. Both
parties must apply in person at the same time.
The application fee is
$93.50, unless premarital counseling has been performed by a registered
provider, in which case the application fee is $61.00. You will need to
present your certificate of completion in order to be eligible for this
discount. Please feel free to call our office at (850) 926-0301 to
request a facsimile of the approved course providers.
Fees are payable in cash, check or money order.
United States citizens are
required to present a photo ID, which has the correct legal name,
correct date of birth and signature.
We will accept one of the
- Driverís License
- Military ID or State Identification Card
Non-United States citizens
must present a Passport or a valid government issued alien registration
card with photo, date of birth and signature.
Expired identification will not be accepted.
There is a three day waiting period
after the marriage license is obtained before a ceremony may be
performed, unless the couple has taken a premarital course from a
registered provider, or unless the couple is from out-of-state.
You will be required to acknowledge that
you have read the "Florida Marriage Handbook" and you may obtain a copy
at our office or at the link:
Florida Association of Court Clerks web site.
Other Useful Information:
- Blood tests are not required.
- You do not need to be a resident of Florida.
- Marriage licenses are valid for sixty (60) days from the date of issuance.
- If divorced or widowed the exact date the last marriage ended or date of death of your spouse is required.
- Any applicant under the age of 18 must have the consent of both parents. Consent forms may be obtained from this office. If one parent is deceased, a certified
copy of the death certificate is required.
- A civil marriage ceremony can be performed by a Clerk or Deputy Clerk. The fee for performing the ceremony is $30.00.
- No witnesses are required for a marriage ceremony.
- If you need a certified copy of a marriage license dial (850) 926-0326. You may also
order one from www.myflorida.com.