3056 Crawfordville Highway, Crawfordville Florida 32327
~ 850-926-0905

Make a payment
Wakulla County Clerk Seal


Public Records

Role of the Clerk / Official Records / Passports / Tax Deeds
Postage not Supplied for Return US Mail / eRecording Services

You will need Adobe Reader to view the documents on this page. If you currently do not have Adobe Reader you can download it for free on the Adobe Website.

Role of the Clerk

The major roles of the office of the Clerk of Court revolve around records, public records.  We keep a large volume of records, in the areas we refer to as Official Records, Court Records, and Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) records.

As an independent elected county officer authorized by the Florida constitution, our office plays a role in the check-and-balance function in local government.  We keep the court files, records, and evidence in lieu of prosecutors, defense attorneys, or judges having that responsibility.

These are court records in the custody of the Clerk but they belong to the public. Under current rules only limited court information is available online: Court Record Search We are however, scanning in court documents and when the time comes for these to be put on-line, we will have them in proper format for your access.

We play an even more significant role in County Government in our Clerk to the Board role, being both the keeper of the official minutes of all Board meetings, and the custodian of all ordinances, resolutions, and contracts for the BOCC.

This Clerk to the Board role is extended by law into the finance function of local government, paying the bills and keeping the books for the BOCC.  The Clerk is charged with signing the checks for county disbursements only when the Clerk has determined that the expenditure is legal.  We keep all of the financial documents and records and these are public records, available for your inspection.  After all, this is your business, the public business!

Our future goals include plans to put other BOCC information on the internet, and we will let you know as that becomes a reality.

Finally, we fill the role of County recorder, by keeping the “Official Record” of various documents that have to do with land ownership, such as deeds, mortgages, liens, etc. These are also very important public records impacting everybody's lives.

We take these responsibilities very seriously and attempt to make all records available for public inspection.  You may view Official Records since January of 1990 online, where they have been posted since 2005.  We also have subdivision plat maps on-line, and we are working on getting more of this type of record on-line and accessible, such as old tax roll books, pre-1990 Official Records, and certain other record series.

We are pleased to announce that we have redacted certain private information that is included in the official record which is available on the web to help in protecting your privacy while facilitating access to these records.

Our official Records department also oversees functions such as tax deeds, marriage licenses, and passport applications.

Official Records Department

Official Records

Among the large number of official record questions the clerk receives, there are a few that are asked more than most. Here you will find many of these “Frequently Asked Questions” and their answers.

If your particular question is not here, or you need elaboration on an answer given here, feel free to contact the Clerk.

What types of documents can be recorded?

  • Agreements
  • Assignments
  • Assignment of Judgment
  • Cancellations or Satisfactions of Mortgages and Liens
  • Certified Copies of Court Documents
  • Certificate of Discharge
  • Certificate of Separation of Service
  • Death Certificates
  • Declaration of Domicile
  • Deeds
  • Easements
  • Financing Statements
  • Judgments
  • Leases
  • Mortgages
  • Notice of Claims of Lien
  • Notice of Commencements
  • Notices of Levy
  • Notices of Liens for taxes
  • Notice of Lis Pendens
  • Powers of Attorney relating to any of the instruments
  • Releases
  • Releases of Judgments
  • Satisfactions of Judgment
  • Tax executions and other instruments relating to the ownership, transfer, or encumbrance of or claims against real or personal property, or any interest therein
  • Tax Warrants

Any other instruments required or authorized by law to be recorded

Where can I record a document?

The Clerk of Circuit Court Official Records Recording Department is located at the Wakulla County Courthouse, 3056 Crawfordville Hwy., Crawfordville, FL 32327. The department is open for recording business 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.

What is the Recording process?

  • Documents are reviewed to make sure they meet Florida Statute requirements.
  • Appropriate fees are collected.
  • Consecutive Clerk’s numbers and official record book and page numbers along with the date and time of recording are placed on the document. Documentary and intangible tax is also placed on the document, if required.
  • In the case of documents transferring real property, a Property Transfer Form is required to be completed and submitted with the document to be recorded. These forms are available in the Official Records Recording department.
  • Each document is digitally imaged. An alphabetical Official Record index is created from information contained in each document.
  • The quality of the images is then verified.
  • The original is returned to the party indicated on the document.

Wakulla County eRecording Services?

Wakulla County now offers the convenience to eRecord your documents. eRecording allows users to scan their documents and use a vendor application to upload the document and associated data. No special equipment is required; just a computer with high speed internet access and a scanner. Original documents never leave your possession. Funds are transferred using Automated Clearing House (ACH) for transfer taxes, recording fees, and a nominal fee that is paid to the vendor for this process.
The Wakulla County Official Records Department is pleased to offer eRecording through the following vendors, listed below in alphabetical order. Please note that the Wakulla County Official Records Department is precluded from recommending vendors. For your convenience, we have also included a hyperlink to the vendors so that you may easily research each in order to determine which vendor best suits your personal and/or professional needs:

Corporation Service Company (CSC)

eRecording Partners


What are the requirements of recording a document?

  • Date
  • The name and address of each person signing an instrument affecting real property.
  • The name and address of each person receiving property on all documents conveying an interest in real property.
  • Legal Description of property
  • The signed and typed or printed names are in agreement
  • Notary acknowledgement
  • Notary Public seal and expiration date
  • Corporate seal if applicable
  • Name and address of the natural person who prepared the instrument or under whose supervision it was prepared
  • A 3 inch square at the top right-hand corner on first page for placement of Recording Label.
  • Name of each person who executed, witnessed and acknowledged documents affecting real property shall be legibly printed, typewritten, or stamped on each document.
  • The grantor, grantee or agent for grantee must indicate on the Property Transfer Form the amount of Sale/Transfer, and Existing Mortgage, if applicable. This information determines the amount of Documentary Tax due. This information is required by the Department of Revenue and the Property Appraiser. The forms are available in the Official Records Recording Department.

What are the Recording fees?

Recording fees are $10.00 for the first page, and $8.50 each additional page. Documentary Stamps on deeds are calculated at $.70 per $100.00 of consideration in addition an intagigle tax is applicable to mortgages. These are both state fees our offices are required to collect.

Doc Stamp Tax Instructions

Doc Tax Stamp Instructions

Recording Fee Calculators


How do I purchase copies of Official Records?

  • By mailing a request for copies to the Official Records Office along with the appropriate fee (See fees below).
  • By using the Clerk of Court Official Web-site: www.wakullaclerk.com, to obtain an unofficial copy of the document.
  • By using MyFloridaCounty.Com, purchasing documents using a credit card.
  • Fees for documents are: $1.00 per copy. If a certification is requested, the fee is $2.00 for certification, in addition to the $1.00 per copy fee.

Please Note: Postage is not Supplied for Return US Mail


The County presents the information on this web site as a service to the public. We have tried to ensure that the information contained in this electronic search system is accurate. County makes no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or at other sites to which we link. Assessing accuracy and reliability of information is the responsibility of the user. The user is advised to search on all possible spelling variations of proper names, in order to maximize search results.

The County shall not be liable for errors contained herein or for any damages in connection with the use of the information contained herein.

Wakulla County, Florida Public Records Search

Plat CD Orders

To order a CD of the counties plats please contact: The recording desk at 850-926-0326.


What is a passport?

A passport is an internationally recognized travel document attesting to the identity and nationality of the bearer. The passport is a request on the part of the issuing government that officials of foreign governments permit the bearer to travel in their territories and to afford them all lawful aid and protection.

Who needs a passport?

Anyone, including infants, departing from the United States and entering the United States from outside the United States. Travel.State.Gov contains information regarding the passport and visa requirements of foreign countries, and their respective fees. A passport is not required for travel by U.S. citizens to any territory or waters, including Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Proof if identity and citizenship is always required.

What are the requirements for a passport?

The requirements for a US passport are federal, not set by the Clerks office.

  • Proof of Identity: A current valid driver's license, military identification, government identification, or previous U.S. Passport will serve as identification. Social Security cards are not acceptable for identification.
  • Certified copy of birth record: The birth record must be certified by the state in which the birth took place. A raised or embossed seal must be affixed to the birth record. Children under age 16 require both parents' signatures.
  • Proof of citizenship: If you were born outside of the United States, a Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship is required.
  • Social Security Number: A social security number is required for all passport applications regardless of the age of the applicant.
  • Two passport photos: Two recent identical passport photos, 2" x 2" are required. Photographs can be taken at a local Pharmacy.

Can you get a passport if a birth record is not available?

Yes. This requires additional documentation. You should call the Clerk's Office (926-0300) for specific instructions regarding your particular situation.

Do I have to apply in person?

As of February 1, 2004 passport services will begin requiring the personal appearance of all children applying for U.S. passports as well as both parents, or your passport was lost or stolen, or your passport was issued more than 15 years ago.

When should I apply for a passport?

You should apply for a passport several months before you plan to travel. If you will need a visa, you will be referred to the Main Post Office in Tallahassee.

How long is a passport valid?

The passport is valid for ten (10) years if you are 16 years of age or older. The passport is valid for five (5) years if you are 15 years of age or younger.

Can a passport be renewed by mail?

Yes. If your most recent passport was issued when you were at least 16 years old, issued within the past 15 years, and you use the same name as on your most recent passport OR you have had your name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect the name changes.

When will I receive my passport?

You will receive your passport within six to eight weeks, plus mailing time, from the receipt of your completed application by the passport agency. If you need your passport sooner, you may request expedited service which guarantees processing within 7-10 business days from the receipt of your completed application by the passport agency.

How do I report a missing passport?

Complete form DSP-64 and bring it to the Clerk's Office when you apply for a new passport.

Where can Passport applications and renewal applications be obtained?

Although you can get the forms from The Clerk’s Office, 3056 Crawfordville Hwy., Crawfordville, FL 32327, you can also download them online from The US Department of State


You will need to write a check to the Clerks office for the $25.00 execution fee. You will need to write another check to the Department of State for the remainder.

Tax Deed Sales

Before the sale begins, everyone should be aware of the requirements of Florida Law. All sales are for cash. This can be a certified cashier's check or a money order. Anyone bidding on the property should have already made financial arrangements so that they can meet the requirements of the sale. If the balance of the bid is not received by 4:00 p.m. on the day of the sale, it may be necessary to void the sale and advertise the property for resale. If this occurs, the initial $200.00 or 5% deposit shall be used by the court to pay all costs of the sale and any amount remaining is directed to be applied toward the judgment.

The successful bidder is also required to pay for the documentary stamps on the Tax Deed, and any other fees for recording said Tax Deed. A purchaser at a judicial sale takes the property subject to any defects, liens, encumbrances and all matters of which he/she has notice or of which he/she could have obtained knowledge.


The successful bidder is also required to pay for the documentary stamps on the Tax Deed, and any other fees for recording said Tax Deed. A purchaser at a judicial sale takes the property subject to any defects, liens, encumbrances and all matters of which he/she has notice or of which he/she could have obtained knowledge.

Frequently Asked Questions

View the most recen t tax deed sales